*** when you order more than one 20-foot length we ship in a continuous length***
Power cable, UL2464 style for low voltage internal wiring or external interconnection of electronic equipment. This cable is 18 gauge with two inner conductors. The cable uses a heavy duty black flexible PVC plastic jacket and black and red PVC plastic insulated UL1061 style inner conductors. The inner conductors are tin plated copper, 41 strands. The inner wires have a thin wall insulation optimized for use with T-Tap connectors and other connector types. The cable has a UL flammability VW-1 rating. Maximum operating temperature is 80 °C (176°F). Application power is 10 amps maximum (120 watts at 12 volts DC, 240 watts at 24 volts DC) for system volts of 12 – 24 DC Typical. The cable jacket has a fair UV (ultraviolet) resistance for sunlight exposure. This cable is designed, engineered and made in the USA.
- LED lighting fixtures
- LED lighting controls
- DMX-512 decoders connection to switching power supplies
- Animation control systems
- Stage and studio equipment
- Low voltage wiring in equipment racks
- Low voltage flood and spotlight power wiring
- Low voltage festoon lighting systems
- Bench power supply low voltage connections
- Awg: 18 (2 Semi-Rigid PVC insulated conductors red and black, UL1061), tin plated copper 41 strands (18 AWG is printed on cable)
- Amp: 10 Max.
- Volts: 300 max.
- System volts: 12 – 24 DC Typical.
- Jacket: Black PVC (heavy duty, 0.045” nominal wall thickness, 1.5X the thickness of the UL spec.). The jacket has a fair UV (ultraviolet) resistance.
- Flammability: VW-1 (VW-1 is printed on cable)
- Certifications: UL component (UL file number and UL 2464 are printed on cable).
- Maximum operating temperature: 80 °C (176°F) Dry (80 °C is printed on cable)
- Composition: Rohs / Reach (Rohs/Reach is printed on cable)
- COO, Country of Origin: USA (Made in USA is printed on the cable)
- O.D. of jacket insulation: 5.85mm +0.50mm / -0.25mm (0.230” +0.02” / -0.01”)
- O.D. of inner conductor insulation: 1.75+0.25mm / -0.05mm (0.069” +0.010” / -0.002”)
The P/N: RBC-18AWG-UL2464-USA is a heavy-duty jacketed cable. It requires some special care to strip. A professional cable stripping tool such as the Jonard Tools CST-1900 is recommended. A spiral cut is recommended down the length of the cable jacket segment to be stripped off. See the below application note for additional details, see also the link below for a video on cable stripping with the CST-1900.
AN-2001 Rev A Stripping cable with heavy duty jacket (04_28_20)
Using the Jonard Tools CST-1900 Round Cable Stripper
UL2464-USA 18 AWG Cable Heavy Duty Spec Sheet Rev A (04_28_20)