The Prop and Scenery Lights SBM-HDU (Square Block Mount High Density Urethane) is a simple mount for our MEL (Micro Effects Light) and EEL (Enhanced Effects Light). The mount is 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ x 2” thick high density urethane modeling board; water jet cut and unpainted. It is used for props, scenery, and product display application. The mount may be user modified using common wood working tools for sanding, drilling, and trimming to shape if needed for an application. The mounts may be painted with spray paint or water based paints prior to installing the lights. The Micro Effects Lights and the Enhanced Effects Lights are press fitted into the material.
Mechanical Characteristics and Notes:
1) Material General Plastics Last-A-Foam® FR7106 Modeling foam 6lbs per cubic foot density.
2) Parts are water jet cut and unpainted, dimensions ref. only. 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″, part thickness is 2” nominal, mount hole 7/16″ nominal.
3) For attaching the mount to a flat surface various means may be used: hot glue, urethane glues, Gaffer’s tape, or screws.
4) Prop and Scenery Lights, LLC MEL (Micro Effects Lights) are recommended to be inserted rear (connector side) first on painted mounts to prevent chipping of paint around the hole.
5) Material can be shaped (sanded, drilled, and cut) with standard woodworking tools.
Well suited for:
1) Mounts to install EEL or MEL light assemblies into decorative lanterns for conversion to high output LEDs.
2) General purpose mounts for lighting props and scenery with EEL or MEL lights.
3) This block can be used with our CFL (Candle Flame Light) kit for building flame effects lanterns. The link to the kit is below: